- , Denmark UNAVAILABLE
Job offer for a Specialist Oncology, Denmark
The Kingdom of Denmark is a constitutional monarchy constituting of the country of Denmark in northern Europe and two autonomous constituent countries, the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic and Greenland in North America.
Denmark itself is the southernmost of the Nordic countries, located southwest of Sweden and south of Norway, and bordered to the south by Germany. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland and many islands, most notably Zealand, Funen, Vedsyssel-Thy, Lolland, Falster and Bornholm, as well as hundreds of minor islands often referred to as the Danish Archipelago.
From an economic point of view, Denmark features an above average European living standard and a high amount of free trade. Denmark ranks 16th in the word in terms of GDP per capita and ranks 5th in nominal GDP per capita. According to the World Bank Group, Denmark has the most flexible labor market in Europe. It is easy to hire and fire, and between jobs, unemployment compensation is very high. Denmark has the world’s lowest level of income inequality, according to the UN, and the world’s highest minimum wage, according to the IMF.
According to the World Economic Forum report of 2008, IMD and The Economist, Denmark is one of the most competitive economies in the world.
A video about Denmark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rORVetg7NU
A vacancy as a staff specialist in oncology is open at a regional hospital in Denmark.
Working in a Danish hospital gives you both a good and a stable professional and private life. You get attractive working conditions and great possibilities for professional development, and a better work-life balance.
An oncology clinic in the South of Denmark is currently facing an extension equal to 40% greater patient basis due to repatriation of non-small-celled lung cancer from the regional University hospital, as well as the dissemination and visceral colorectal cancer from another regional hospital. The expansion is expected to be fully implemented at the end of 2016. Due to this extension, they are looking for a new oncologist.
The staff consists of 5 medical secretaries, 13 nurses, 1 psychologist, 3 consultants and 1 specialist chief physician.
The outpatient clinic is part of the Medical Center and Clinic for lung cancers. The clinic for lung cancer consists besides oncology also of: pulmonary medicine clinic, lung medical ward with its oncology beds, wards for palliative treatment.
The outpatient clinic deals with the following diagnostic groups:
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Lung cancer, NSCLC and SCLC
- Skin cancer and malignant melanoma.
The hospital’s vision is "Quality around the clock" and heading towards this vision, among many others focussing points, the main focus is on patient’s involvement and improvement of good treatment plans for them.
Every week there are conferences with relevant partners within the specializations such as mamma cancer, lung cancer and colon cancer. The clinic has a very competent staff and there are many nurses who perform a wide range of tasks. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams together with colleagues who take pride in creating good treatment plans for the patients.
Working in Denmark you will be offered good working conditions, six weeks paid holiday and a 37-hour working week. Employment and salary according to the current valid collective agreement between Danish Regions and the association for medical doctors.
- Specialist title in Oncology
- High level of English
- Availability to complete the Danish intensive language course
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Permanent contract after three-month trial period.
- Salary starting from 7000 €. Duties, if there will be, will be paid apart.
- Training courses within working hours.
- Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
- Invitation to study tour to Denmark, after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs.
- Intensive Danish course, also for the family.
- Remuneration during the Danish language course of 700€ monthly net, a supplement for children of 70€ monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...