Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which are the conditions of eligibility?
- The graduation of the medicine university in a state member of the EU + Norway, Switzerland, Ireland and Liechtenstein.
- Good knowledge of German language.
2. Is it mandatory to speak the German language?
- Each applicant who wants to work in Germany must have a very good level of German language in order to be able to participate in an interview with the employer and later to be able to communicate with the patients. To work as a doctor in Germany, you need the permit of free practice (Approbation). For this you would need to hold a German language certificate with B2 or C1 level (depending on the federal state) and you need to pass an exam of C1 Medical German organized by the federal authorities.
- We accept also the application of those who have poor German language knowledge, but who want to learn the language.
3. Is it required to have work experience?
- No. If you have recently graduated the university, you can start the residency in Germany without having to pass an exam.
4. How much does a doctor earn?
Resident doctors can earn gross salaries between 4200 and 5500 € /month,depending on experience, to which significant amount of money is added for the services.
Specialist doctors have gross incomes starting from about 5600 € /month,depending on experience but they can also reach over 7000 € /month, to which significant amount of money is added for the services.
Consultant doctors have gross incomes starting with 7000 € /month, but they can also reach over 9000 € /month, to which significant amount of money is added for the services.
5. Who arranges the documents needed for the employment?
Each candidate obtains the permit of free practice based on the identity documents, graduation diploma and on their specialty certificate (certificate of agreement) and after passing the exam of C1 Medical German organized by the federal authorities.
6. Do you organize language courses?
- No, we don’t, but we can guide you to those who are specialists in this field.
7. Which are the steps of the process of selection?
The initial discussion when you will be contacted by a human resources consultant who will determine your priorities and your needs.
Phone Interview or Video Call with one of our HR consultants to discuss your expectations and requirements and to determine your German language level.
Interview with the employer, in Germany, where the head of the hospital and/or the head of the department will participate.
After getting the confirmation from the employer we guide you to obtain the necessary documents for the employment and if it is necessary we search for housing and school /kindergarten for your children.
You can start working.
8. For how long lasts this process?
A person who has a good level pf German language, who has all the required documents and is specialized or wants to specialize in a field which is in demand, can begin to work after 1-2 months from the first interview.
Please take into account that there are also bureaucratic aspects which may delay the whole process and therefore other 3 months could be added to the initial term of 2 months.
9. Which are the tariffs requested by your agency?
- We require no commission from the candidates.
10. The exam for specialization or for consultant can also be passed in Germany?
- Yes. And it is acknowledged in all the states of the EU.
11. Which are the jobs you offer?
My experience with EGV As I was applying for a position, I knew that my ultimate goal was to.. Dr. Med. Marton Balázs János