- , Denmark UNAVAILABLE
Job offers for staff Specialist/Consultant in Neurology, Denmark
The Kingdom of Denmark is a constitutional monarchy constituting of the country of Denmark in northern Europe and two autonomous constituent countries, the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic and Greenland in North America.
Denmark itself is the southernmost of the Nordic countries, located southwest of Sweden and south of Norway, and bordered to the south by Germany. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland and many islands, most notably Zealand, Funen, Vedsyssel-Thy, Lolland, Falster and Bornholm, as well as hundreds of minor islands often referred to as the Danish Archipelago.
From an economic point of view, Denmark features an above average European living standard and a high amount of free trade. Denmark ranks 16th in the word in terms of GDP per capita and ranks 5th in nominal GDP per capita. According to the World Bank Group, Denmark has the most flexible labour market in Europe. It is easy to hire and fire, and between jobs, unemployment compensation is very high. Denmark has the world’s lowest level of income inequality, according to the UN, and the world’s highest minimum wage, according to the IMF.
According to the World Economic Forum report of 2008, IMD and The Economist, Denmark is one of the most competitive economies in the world.
A video about Denmark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rORVetg7NU
A vacancy as a staff specialist/consultant in neurology is available in Denmark.
The department has a high ambulatory activity and 47 beds. It consists of three wards respectively classical neurology, stroke incl. thrombolysis treatment and a rehabilitation section. The outpatient clinic is built with teams of 2-3 specialists associated with the neurological fields. Junior doctors in training rotate in these specialty teams. It has an acute-patient clinic and day hospital and neurological day clinic / TCI. The department is located in a neurophysiological section. It handles the treatment of acute stroke patients with thrombolysis and also handles the treatment and diagnosis of patients with the classical neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis, movement disorders, epilepsy, neuromuscular disease, ALS, dementia, etc. The Neurology section has recently merged with the Therapy section. Patient and caregiver involvement and interdisciplinary cooperation is given high priority. It is a busy department, but always gives priority to think presence, consistency and quality in all patient care.
We expect that:
- You are a specialist doctor in neurology
- You have a wide neurological training, preferably with interest and experience in one or more neurological sub-areas
- You have good interpersonal skills
- You are engaged, committed and dynamic
- You are development-oriented and interested in developing the clinic
- You enjoy working in team
The hospital offers:
Good working conditions; Six weeks paid holiday/year. 37-hour working week. Being part of a newly build hospital with modern equipment. The regional hospital unit is building a new hospital.
- Specialist title in Neurology
- Experience in Neurology
- High level of English
- Availability to complete the Danish intensive language course
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Permanent contract
- Training courses within working hours.
- Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
- Invitation to study tour to Denmark after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
- Assistance with removal and relocation.
- Intensive Danish course, also for the family.
- Remuneration during the Danish language course of 700€ monthly net, a supplement for children of 70€ monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...