- , Denmark UNAVAILABLE
Job offer for a Specialist Gastroenterology, Denmark
The Kingdom of Denmark is a constitutional monarchy constituting of the country of Denmark in northern Europe and two autonomous constituent countries, the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic and Greenland in North America.
Denmark itself is the southernmost of the Nordic countries, located southwest of Sweden and south of Norway, and bordered to the south by Germany. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland and many islands, most notably Zealand, Funen, Vedsyssel-Thy, Lolland, Falster and Bornholm, as well as hundreds of minor islands often referred to as the Danish Archipelago.
From an economic point of view, Denmark features an above average European living standard and a high amount of free trade. Denmark ranks 16th in the word in terms of GDP per capita and ranks 5th in nominal GDP per capita. According to the World Bank Group, Denmark has the most flexible labor market in Europe. It is easy to hire and fire, and between jobs, unemployment compensation is very high. Denmark has the world’s lowest level of income inequality, according to the UN, and the world’s highest minimum wage, according to the IMF.
According to the World Economic Forum report of 2008, IMD and The Economist, Denmark is one of the most competitive economies in the world.
A video about Denmark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rORVetg7NU
The hospital cooperates with the other public hospitals in the region to ensure the best possible treatment for the patients. It also works with the other municipalities to ensure consistency in the patients' meeting with health care. Moreover, the hospital takes part in the postgraduate training for a wide range of medical specialities including Gastroenterology.
The public hospitals in Denmark are undergoing substantial changes with concentration of treatments in fewer hospitals and are often rebuilt. In order to continue the development of the specialised treatment within medical gastroenterology they seek a specialist that will supplement the present team.
The department examines and treats gastrointestinal surgical or general surgical disorders, that is, hernia, gallstones, gastrointestinal disorders and general surgical disorders. In addition, they treat cancer of the gastrointestinal tract. The department is among the nation's best for colorectal cancer screening.
They are organised so that the medical gastroenterologists are working in broad collaboration with the gastro-surgeons as viewed in the unit for endoscopy where the specialists despite speciality supervise, train and professionally interact in the best treatment of each patient.
The major tasks for the forthcoming years are to focus on postgraduate training and scientific work in order to establish a positive working environment that can attract additional colleagues. They want to develop a centre for gastroenterological diseases where medical and surgical specialists work together establishing the best treatment for the patients.
The selected candidate will be expected to have interest in teaching young doctors and experience within establishing scientific projects and publishing of the results.
- Specialist title in Gastroenterology
- Experience as a gastroenterologis
- Availability to complete the intensive Danish course.
- Professional command of English
- Motivation for living and working abroad
• Permanent contract after three-month trial period.
• Salary starting from 90.000 € gross per year.
• Training courses within working hours.
• Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
• Invitation to study tour to Denmark after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
• Assistance with removal and relocation.
• Intensive Danish course, also for the family.
• Remuneration during the Danish language course of 700€
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...