- General psychiatry
- Central Sweden, Sweden UNAVAILABLE
JD : 1941016
Job offer in Adult Psychiatry, Sweden
Sweden officially the Kingdom of Sweden is a Nordic country on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe.
At 450,295 square kilometers (173,860 sq mi), Sweden is the third largest country in the European Union by area, with a total population of about 9.4 million. About 85% of the population lives in urban areas. Sweden's capital city is Stockholm, which is also the largest city.
Sweden has been a member of the European Union since 1 January 1995 and is a member of the OECD. Today, Sweden is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy form of government and a highly developed economy. Sweden has the world’s eighth highest per capita income. In 2011, it ranked fourth in the world in The Economist's Democracy Index and tenth in the United Nations’ Human Development Index. In 2010, the World Economic Forum ranked Sweden as the second most competitive country in the world.
For a better image about Sweden you can also access the following link: http://www.visitsweden.com/sweden/
We are currently looking for six specialist doctors in Adult Psychiatry, in two hospitals located in Central Sweden.
Hospital 1 :
A wide type of psychiatric disorders are treated by the two clinics, such as affective disorders, psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders, ADHD in adults, personality disorders and certain types of addictions. The patients who have schizophrenia or schizophrenia related disorders are not treated in these clinics.The work is done in teams, which take into account the patient's entire situation (psychiatric, medical, social). The patients receive their current treatment in the outpatient department but in case of relapse or lack of answer to the treatment they can also be hospitalized in the inpatient department. In this case the patient would receive inpatient treatment but the aim is that the patient can return to his regular contacts in outpatient treatment as soon as his condition can allow him.
The inpatient department has short treatment durations and a large turnover of patients. Average length of stay is 12-15 days and on average there are two new patients per day.
The inpatient department has 20 beds, the department is coordinated by two specialist doctors and usually 2-4 specialist psychiatrists. The department continually has doctors in training, that is why mentoring is a natural part of the work. The candidate is expected to have an active role in the department's medical development.
The hospital is responsible for all psychiatric conditions, such as affective disorders, personality disorders, anxiety disorders, ADHD, certain dependency and has a separate reception for psychosis, dealing with psychotic patients.
There is not a special ward for psychotic disorders but a special team that works with this type of patients. A large part of the light to moderate psychiatric patients are managed in primary care, that is why at the psychiatric clinic there are usually difficult cases. Doctors are expected to have at least 5 patients per day. The rest of the time includes supervision of younger colleagues, meetings and participation in the development of the department.
The specialists perform the most specific medical tasks such as diagnostics; drug treatment and they establish the plan of treatment together with the team.
In both clinics the work is organized in multidisciplinary teams, with psychologist, nurse, therapist and social worker, taking into account the whole situation of the patient (psychiatric, medical and social).
Before starting the treatment the patients undergo a thorough assessment and a multi-structure diagnosis is established. The psychiatrist applies mainly psyhopharmacology but he also plans the scheme of treatment together with the whole team.
They look for flexible doctors with a team spirit. Everyone has to do duties nights and weekends.
- Specialist title in Psychiatry recognised in the EU.
- 3-5 years of broad experience in psychiatry, inpatient or outpatient ward
- To be prepared to work with very ill patients
- Be able to complete the Swedish intensive course
- Permanent contract after obtaining the Swedish medical license.
- Salary starting from 38 000 SEK/month before obtaining the Swedish licence. After obtaining the licence it will rise to 48 000 SEK/month. When the psychiatrist has gone through the entire introduction and can work independently and also as a tutor for residents etc. the salary will be about 14 000 SEK/month higher. (To reach this salary it normally takes 1 year, for some doctors more and others less.) Duties will be paid apart.
- Training courses within working hours.
- Help to find: apartment, school and kindergarten.
- Study tour to Sweden, after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment.
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs.
- Intensive Swedish course, also for partner.
- A scholarship for the Swedish course of 700 Euros monthly net, a supplement for children of 70 Euro monthly net, free apartment and travel costs for the family.
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...