- General psychiatry
- Denmark, Denmark UNAVAILABLE
Staff specialist, elderly psychiatry – Denmark
The Kingdom of Denmark is a constitutional monarchy constituting of the country of Denmark in northern Europe and two autonomous constituent countries, the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic and Greenland in North America.
Denmark itself is the southernmost of the Nordic countries, located southwest of Sweden and south of Norway, and bordered to the south by Germany. The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland and many islands, most notably Zealand, Funen, Vedsyssel-Thy, Lolland, Falster and Bornholm, as well as hundreds of minor islands often referred to as the Danish Archipelago.
From an economic point of view, Denmark features an above average European living standard and a high amount of free trade. Denmark ranks 16th in the word in terms of GDP per capita and ranks 5th in nominal GDP per capita. According to the World Bank Group, Denmark has the most flexible labor market in Europe. It is easy to hire and fire, and between jobs, unemployment compensation is very high. Denmark has the world’s lowest level of income inequality, according to the UN, and the world’s highest minimum wage, according to the IMF.
According to the World Economic Forum report of 2008, IMD and The Economist, Denmark is one of the most competitive economies in the world.
A video about Denmark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rORVetg7NU
You will work in a Danish hospital with stable surroundings, attractive working conditions, possibilities for professional development, a better work-life balance and a future life and career in one of Europe’s top welfare states, in Scandinavia.
The services are housed in modern, well-furnished and well-run buildings, close to both motorway and rail connections.
Your daily tasks will involve: diagnostics and treatment of patients above the age of 70, suffering from anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and dementia. Cooperation with relatives and social workers.
Employment will be offered on the basis of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
At present, the staff of the department comprises 20 consultants and 21 junior doctors.
The department places emphasis on education through daily conferences, weekly doctors’ meetings and Thursday teaching sessions participates in the training of medical students grants time off with pay for relevant courses.
Our main patient group is patients with dementia, including patients with neurological disorders who also suffer from dementia. Focus on involvement of relatives and municipality agencies.
- Specialist in general Adult Psychiatry with broad psychiatric experience and, ideally, experience with geriatric psychiatry
- A team player/good social skills
- Human medicine doctor, graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Professional command of English
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Ability of taking part in the 6 months’ intensive language course
What can you expect:
- Permanent contract regulated by the Danish collective agreement
- Minimum yearly salary: 94.000 Euro (including pension benefits)
- 37 hour working week
- 6 weeks paid holiday
- A free, intensive language course and Danish Medical Language Programme with settlement assistance and free accommodation in Budapest prior to work start
- A short trip to Denmark prior to the language course, where you will have the opportunity to visit your future work place and living area
- Cultural teaching prior to departure
- Language course for your spouse and elderly children
- Partner Integration Program with a personal consultant
- Accommodation assistance in Denmark
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Denmark
- Assistance for your spouse in search of employment and integration in Denmark
- Guidance regarding schooling and child care
- Access to our candidate network in Denmark
- Information on Danish tax matters
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Extra Danish classes after arrival to Denmark
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will help you obtain the License to Practice so you can start work as soon as possible.
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...