- Internal medicine
- Bayern, Germany
Resident doctor for internal medicine
The position is available in the German state of Bavaria. Bavaria is Germany’s biggest state and Germany’s second most populous state. Bavaria shares international borders with Austria, the Czech Republic and Switzerland. The hospital is located at Lake Constance, Bodensee. Nicknamed the schwäbische Meer (Swabian Sea), Lake Constance is Central Europe’s third largest lake and it straddles three countries: Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Lake Constance is the only place in the world where you can wake up in Germany, cycle across to Switzerland for lunch and make it to Austria in time for afternoon tea, strudel and snapshots of the Alps. Besides the beautiful landscape the area has also a vast cultural inheritance in from baroque churches to Benedictine abbeys, Stone Age dwellings to Roman forts, medieval castles to zeppelins.
The position is available in an acute hospital which is part of a big hospital group. The hospital has a modern medical-technical equipment and consists of the following departments: General and Visceral Surgery, Orthopedics and Traumatology, internal medicine, geriatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, ENT and anesthesia / intensive care, radiology with CT and MRI and a nephrology practice with dialysis unit.
The department of internal medicine provides medical treatment to over 2.500 inpatients a year. The main sections of the internal medicine department include: Gastroenterology, malignant hematology, endocrinology / diabetology, emergency medicine and nutrition. Through close cooperation with specialist areas such as nephrology / dialysis, neurology, urology and psychiatry not the patients receive a comprehensive care.
In the Department of Internal Medicine all standard methods of interventional Gastroenterology (incl. ERCP and endoscopic ultrasonography) and the non-interventional cardiology procedures can be performed. The range of services also includes therapy and supportive care in the field Hematology-oncology and in cooperation with the affiliated dialysis unit differentiated treatment of nephrological diseases. The interdisciplinary ICU is modern with all current diagnostic and therapeutic options. There is close cooperation with the visceral surgery unit. The regional or in-house radiology allows an advanced CT and MR imaging (24 hours / day) and nuclear medical diagnosis for the medical patients. Radiological findings are demonstrated every day, making the training of medical staff is complemented.
The main diagnostic and treatment methods include:
- Endoscopic hemostatic method
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- ARGON Beam therapy
- Pneumatic dilation of benign and malignant strictures of the GI tract
- ERCp with sphincterotomy, stone extraction, Stent implantation.
- Endosonographic ultrasound and FNAC
- KM and KM-enhanced sonography together with biopsy
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- pneumatic balloon dilation
- acute geriatrics
- Acute Medical treatment of multiple ill patients
- Acute stroke care (stroke unit)
- Treatment of neurological disorders of old age (eg, Parkinson's disease, paralysis)
- Early rehabilitation
- Feeding and swallowing disorders
- Palliative Care - Requirements of the last stages of life (incl. Pain)
The hospital has full training authorization for conducting residency training in internal medicine. Besides the practical training, which is ensured by a rotation in the functional areas which enables the learning of all current investigation procedures, including interventions under specialist instruction, the hospital attaches a great importance to regular internal trainings of the medical staff. For this purpose there is a weekly intern case demonstration, a weekly intern lecture series, and a monthly interdisciplinary training, supplemented by additional external speakers. Furthermore, the visit of external education courses is explicitly encouraged.
The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 29 days of leave/year.
- Medical doctor
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland
- Required German language level: C1
- Enjoys of personal contact with patients
- Has good team-work and communication skills
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Free Practice Right forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...
- Interview with EGV Recruiting for Observator News Antena1
- Interview with EGV Recruiting at the medical job fair in Bucharest for RTV.
- Scenes from the annual doctor meeting 2011 Kassel, Germany. EGV Recruiting organizes these annual...
- We started recruiting doctors for Switzerland and Austria
- Our company is proud to announce that we support the MSF cause!