- Trauma and orthopaedic surgery
- Baden Wurttemberg, Germany
Resident doctor for orthopedic surgery
The position is available in the German state of Baden Wurttemberg, the third largest German state in both terms of area and population. The hospital is ay around 1 hour distance from Freiburg and is located close to the Black Forest district and Bodensee the most popular tourist destinations in the region.
Living in that area is fascinating because the distances between the cities are small and you have to drive a short way to work if you plan to live outside the city, or if you just want to ski in the Alps for a day. The region is very close to France and a few hours away lies the Mediterranean see. Also from here you can reach Milan, Munich or Innsbruck in about 3 hours and in 4 hours you could be in Lyon, Luxembourg, Frankfurt or at the Mediterranean see near Genoa. Nearby are also several airports from where you can reach more distant locations.
The position is available in an acute hospital. The orthopedics department provides the following types of treatment:
- Arthroplasty of all major joints (hip, knee, shoulder joint, Ankle joint, elbow joint and wrist) in osteoarthritis,
- Expansion and revision of joint prostheses (hip joint, knee joint, shoulder joint, ankle, elbow and wrist)
- Computer Navigated implantation of total knee replacement and total hip replacement
- Small joint arthroplasty (toe joints, finger joints)
- hip joint: Diagnostics, synovium and loose bodies, treatment of labral lesions
- Stifle: Diagnostics, cartilage and meniscus surgery, cartilage transplantation, removal of synovium and loose bodies, cartilage smoothing, arthrolysis in scarring at lying knee joint prosthesis, lateral release with dislocation of the kneecap
- Shoulder joint: Diagnostics, stabilizing interventions for shoulder instability, shoulder decompression in subacromiale congestion syndrome, rotator cuff, capsular incision (capsulotomy) for "Frozen Shoulder"
- Upper and lower ankle joint: Diagnostics, cartilage smoothing, removing synovium and loose bodies, osteochondral transplantation, decompression in synovial impingement
- Elbow joint: Diagnostics, cartilage smoothing, removing synovium and loose bodies, arthrolysis
- wrist: Diagnosis, treatment of cartilage lesions and discus, distance synovium and loose bodies
Supply bony injuries (osteosynthesis)
- Internal fixation of fractures of the upper and lower extremities with use of modern methods (nails, screws, angular stable and anatomically adapted plates, external fixation and internal wires, stents) and materials (absorbable screws and seams)
- Care of injuries of the musculoskeletal system according to modern trauma surgical criteria and standards of the Association for Osteosynthesis
Hand Surgery - Hand surgery tendon repair and fracture stabilization after crushing and amputation injuries, as well as cut / lacerations and their targeted treatment by special orthotics/rails in their own production
Correctional operations - Corrective surgery for congenital and acquired bone and joint malalignment (hallux valgus, Luxationsneigung patella osteotomy long bones), corrective surgery after fracture malunions long bone (pseudarthrosis)
Shoulder Surgery - Shoulder surgery (arthroscopic surgery in addition) with conventional rotator cuff, Sehnenrefixation, osteotomies humerus and capsule stabilization after dislocation and internal fixation of the scapula and clavicle
Foot Surgery - Foot surgery with correction of deformities and joint replacement (big toe joint), Corrective surgery for congenital and acquired bone and joint malalignment (hammer and claw toe)
Pelvic Surgery - Pelvic surgery with internal fixation of fractures of the acetabulum, the symphysis pubis and the ilium
Spinal Surgery - Stabilizing spine surgery for injuries and tumor metastasis
Soft tissue and tendon injuries - Orthopedic reconstructive supply of soft tissue injuries, soft tissue infections, as well as tendon and ligament injuries (Achilles tendon, Qudrizepssehne, patellar tendon, biceps tendon, outer band Upper ankle)
Peripheral nerve surgery - Peripheral nerve surgery for nerve constriction (carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve-syndrome)
- Conservative treatment of fractures and joint luxation’s with adequate anesthesiological support and subsequent immobilization in appropriate rails / bandages / dressings.
- Closed joint mobilization with adequate anesthesiological support
- Initial and continuing care of the severely injured
- Initial and continuing care of the severely injured in collaboration with various disciplines (anesthesia / intensive care, radiology, abdominal / thoracic / vascular surgery)
The hospital has training authorization for conducting 4 years of residency training in orthopedic surgery. The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 26 days of leave/year.
- Resident doctor with experience in orthopedic surgery
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Proficient in German.
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Free Practice Right forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying the personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...