- Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Resident for gastroenterology
The position is available in the German state of Baden Wurttemberg, the third largest German state in both terms of area and population. Baden- Wurttemberg is situated in the southwestern part of the country to the east of the Upper Rhine, and is the third largest in both area a population, with an area of 35742 square kilometers and 10.7 million inhabitants. The state capital is Stuttgart.
Baden-Württemberg shares its borders with France, Switzerland, Rhineland Palatine, Hesse and Bavaria. Most of the major cities of Baden Wurttemberg straddle the banks of the Neckar River.
Major cities in Baden-Württemberg are Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Heidelberg, Heilbronn, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Pforzheim, Ulm and the capital city Stuttgart. The hospital is located at an easy distance from several big cities. Stuttgart and Frankfurt can be reached in around 1 hour, while Nürnberg in 2 hours.
The position is available in an acute hospital which has over 70 beds. The department of internal medicine treats yearly over 4.000 patients.
The internal medicine department has the following divisions:
- Gastroenterology including gastrointestinal oncology
- Intensive Care / Emergency Medicine
- Palliative care
- Acute geriatrics
The hospital has a special gastroenterology unit for the treatment of gastroenterological problems. The gastroenterology department is run in cooperation by the gastroenterology and visceral surgery department this way the causes of abdominal pain are identified faster and right treatments are also delivered more quickly. The patients remain from the first day on the same station. Common case conferences, visits and consultations ensure coordinated processes in investigations, treatment decisions and aftercare.
In case of malignant tumor of the gastrointestinal tract the treatment regimen (surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, palliative therapy, etc.) is defined in a common tumor conference.
The special gastroenterology unit treats mainly the following diseases:
- Diseases of the Esophagus
- of of the stomach (z. B. ulcers, benign and malignant tumors, inflammatory diseases)
- of small and large intestine (benign and malignant tumors, inflammatory diseases, threatening bowel obstruction)
- of the pancreas (benign and malignant tumors, inflammations)
- Complex gallstone disease
- Unclear liver disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
The hospital has full training authorization for conducting residency training in general medicine, internal medicine, 12 Months residency training for gastroenterology (full training authorization for gastroenterology and cardiology has been requested) and 18 months for geriatrics.
The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 29 days of leave/year.
- Specialist doctor for internal medicine with experience in endoscopy
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Required German language level: C1
- Capable of handling MS-Office
- Conceptual and analytical thinking and way of working
- Enjoys personal contact with patients
- Has good team-work and communication skills
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Approbation forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying the personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...