- Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Resident doctor for cardiology, Germany
The position is available in the German state of Baden Wurttemberg, the third largest German state in both terms of area and population. Baden- Wurttemberg is situated in the southwestern part of the country to the east of the Upper Rhine, and is the third largest in both area a population, with an area of 35742 square kilometers and 10.7 million inhabitants. The state capital is Stuttgart.
Baden-Württemberg shares its borders with France, Switzerland, Rhineland Palatine, Hesse and Bavaria. Most of the major cities of Baden Wurttemberg straddle the banks of the Neckar River.
Major cities in Baden-Württemberg are Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Heidelberg, Heilbronn, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Pforzheim, Ulm and the capital city Stuttgart.
The position is available in an acute hospital in south Baden Wurttemberg at the border with Switzerland. Living in that area is fascinating because the distances between the cities are small and you have to drive a short way to work if you plan to live outside the city, or if you just want to ski in the Alps for a day. The region is very close to France and a few hours away lies the Mediterranean see. Also from here you can reach Milan, Munich or Innsbruck in about 3 hours and in 4 hours you could be in Lyon, Luxembourg, Frankfurt or at the Mediterranean see near Genoa.
In the internal medicine department of the hospital over 5,400 patients are examined and treated annually, the treatments cover the entire spectrum of the internal medicine. The internal medicine department has over 110 beds these include a multidisciplinary intensive care unit as well as a large emergency ward, which is open around the clock. The focus of the department is the treatment of heart diseases (Cardiology), of the vascular diseases (angiology) and lung diseases (Pulmonology). The ranges of services at the clinic also include the care of patients after a stroke. The department has very modern equipment and facilities for the necessary investigations. It maintains a very close cooperation with other disciplines of the hospital.
The focus of the department is the treatment of heart circulatory disorders, the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, the determination of the severity of valvular heart disease, and the treatment of vascular disease.
The focal points of the department include:
- Arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- Coronary artery disease, acute myocardial infarction
- Heart failure
- Arterial hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Valvular heart disease
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Disorders of the blood vessels supplying the brain / stroke treatment
The main diagnostic methods performed by the department include the following:
- Resting ECG, exercise ECG, Holter (1-7 days)
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Ultrasound of the heart (3D echocardiography)
- Transesophageal echocardiography / examination of the blood vessels using ultrasound (Doppler and duplex sonography)
- Stress echocardiography
- Right heart catheterization
- Schellong's test and tilt table test
- non-invasive programmed stimulation by pacemaker / defibrillator in patients with atrial fibrillation and flutter
- A telemetry supervisory
- Implantation of event recorders
- Implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators (ICD) and outpatient follow-up by means of home monitoring
In the department about 160 pacemaker (single- and dual-chamber pacing systems) and defibrillators (ICD) are implanted annually.
The hospital has full training authorization for conducting residency training in general internal medicine and in internal medicine and cardiology. The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 29 days of leave/year.
- Resident doctor for internal medicine with at least 1 year experience in internal medicine
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Required German language level: C1
- Capable of handling MS-Office
- Conceptual and analytical thinking and way of working
- Enjoys personal contact with patients
- Has good team-work and communication skills
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Approbation forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying the personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...
- Interview with EGV Recruiting for Observator News Antena1
- Interview with EGV Recruiting at the medical job fair in Bucharest for RTV.
- Scenes from the annual doctor meeting 2011 Kassel, Germany. EGV Recruiting organizes these annual...
- We started recruiting doctors for Switzerland and Austria
- Our company is proud to announce that we support the MSF cause!