- Internal medicine
- Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Resident or specialist doctor for Internal medicine, Germany
The position is available in the German state of Baden Wurttemberg, the third largest German state in both terms of area and population. Baden- Wurttemberg is situated in the southwestern part of the country to the east of the Upper Rhine, and is the third largest in both area a population, with an area of 35742 square kilometers and 10.7 million inhabitants. The state capital is Stuttgart.
Baden-Württemberg shares its borders with France, Switzerland, Rhineland Palatine, Hesse and Bavaria. Most of the major cities of Baden Wurttemberg straddle the banks of the Neckar River.
Major cities in Baden-Württemberg are Baden-Baden, Freiburg, Heidelberg, Heilbronn, Karlsruhe, Mannheim, Pforzheim, Ulm and the capital city Stuttgart.
The position is available in an acute hospital in south Baden Wurttemberg at the border with Switzerland. Living in that area is fascinating because the distances between the cities are small and you have to drive a short way to work if you plan to live outside the city, or if you just want to ski in the Alps for a day. The region is very close to France and a few hours away lies the Mediterranean see. Also from here you can reach Milan, Munich or Innsbruck in about 3 hours and in 4 hours you could be in Lyon, Luxembourg, Frankfurt or at the Mediterranean see near Genoa.
In the internal medicine department of the hospital over 5,400 patients are examined and treated annually, the treatments cover the entire spectrum of the internal medicine. The internal medicine department has over 110 beds these include a multidisciplinary intensive care unit as well as a large emergency ward, which is open around the clock. Focus of the department are diseases of the digestive organs such as esophagus, stomach, intestine and pancreas (Gastroenterology), liver (Hepatology), the hormone-producing organs (Endocrinology) incl. Diabetes mellitus, tumors (oncology), infectious diseases, and Intensive Care Medicine.
Over 5.900 diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopies are performed annually. Gastroscopies or colonoscopies can be performed without sedation with particularly thin instruments.
Main diagnostic procedures carried out by the department are:
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Diagnostic Sonography
- Duplex ultrasound of the abdominal organs, soft tissues, of neck and thyroid, thorax and musculoskeletal system
- Color Doppler sonography of the vessels
- Follow-up after liver transplantation
- Flow measurements
- Contrast-enhanced sonography In particular of the: the liver, kidneys, pancreas, as well as other special issues
- Liver biopsy
- Ultrasound targeted punctures (ultrasound-guided extraction of tissue or fluids from tumors and diseased organs)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Ultrasound targeted drainage of effusions, abscesses and pancreatic pseudocysts
- Ultrasound targeted alcohol injection therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma
- Gastroenterological functional diagnostics
- 24-hour pH-metry
- Manometry of the esophagus
- hydrogen breath test
- Fructose breath test
- Lactose breath test
- Helicobacter breath test
The radiological, imaging, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in cooperation with the Department of Radiology includes: computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the small intestine (MR enteroclysis), biliary tract and pancreatic duct system (MRCP) and blood vessels (MR angiography).
The hospital has full training authorization for conducting residency training in internal medicine for gastroenterology and for hepatology. The form of work required is full time. For the balance between personal and professional life you benefit of 29 days of leave/year.
Specialist doctor for internal medicine or resident doctor for internal medicine with at least 1 year experience in internal medicine
- Graduate from a Medical School within the European Union + Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Iceland.
- Required German language level: C1
- Capable of handling MS-Office
- Conceptual and analytical thinking and way of working
- Enjoys personal contact with patients
- Has good team-work and communication skills
Benefits if you choose to collaborate with EGV:
- We will offer access to hundreds of jobs across hospitals and clinics endowed with professional and modern equipment
- We will search for job opportunities according to your profile
- We will pay for your accommodation during the interviews
- We will offer advice when it comes to signing the contract
- We will look for a home and/or kindergarten for your children
- We will handle the Approbation forms so you can start work as soon as possible.
EGV is a leading healthcare recruitment agency operating in Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Croatia. We are specialized in tailor made and efficient physician recruitment services.
We focus on identifying the personal and professional aims of each candidate and have the main goal of finding the right job from a wide range of job-offers available. Candidates and clients appreciate our prompt and reliable services.
We would be delighted to show you that we are committed to our motto:
“Professionalism, promptitude and professional development “
for recommending us a candidate
- The healthcare recruitment climate has changed over the past 7 years. Follow this interview to see...
- Thousands of medical specialists consider the jobs offered abroad by the recruiting agencies in...
- First impressions from the Medical Jobfair in Zagreb, Croatia, as shown in the newsreel. Check out...
- Interview with EGV Recruiting for Observator News Antena1
- Interview with EGV Recruiting at the medical job fair in Bucharest for RTV.
- Scenes from the annual doctor meeting 2011 Kassel, Germany. EGV Recruiting organizes these annual...
- We started recruiting doctors for Switzerland and Austria
- Our company is proud to announce that we support the MSF cause!